Questions About Specific Bible Passages and Characters
- Does the 'day for a year' principle mean God created the world in 6000 years?
- Does the parable of the 10 virgins imply that the whole church will be sleeping? (Matthew 25)
- Is Moses in heaven?
- Who are the virgins referred to in Revelation 14?
- Why did Jesus say, "Let the dead bury the dead" (Matthew 8:22)?
- Was work ordained or a result of sin?
- What does it mean--the first shall be last and the last, first (Matthew 20:16)?
- Can you explain Psalm 1 where it says to avoid the way of sinners and the counsel of the ungodly?
- What does it mean there is no law against the fruit of the spirit? (Galatians 5:22, 23)
- Who are the seven spirits of God?
- Should we avoid non-believers? (2 John 9-11)
- What does it mean, "God is not mocked" (Galatians 6:7)?
- Did the early church accept polygamy?
- What does it mean that we will 'appear with God in glory' (Colossians 3:4)?
- Is there a fourth angel referred to in Revelation 14?
- Where was the garden of Eden?
- Is God really the only one who is good? (Matthew 19:17)
- How could creation be 'good' if the Devil was there? (Genesis 1:31)
- Did it please God to bruise Jesus? (Isaiah 53:10)
- What is the mark of Cain? (Genesis 4:15)
- Why is the word 'God' not found in the book of Esther?
- Does God ask Samuel to lie in 1 Samuel 16?
- What is urim and thummim?
- Who is Michael the Archangel?
- Does Paul say all creatures can be eaten with prayer (1 Timothy 4:3-4)?
- Were angels created before mankind?
- Why are Hades and Death capitalized in Revelation?
- Did the disciples think that Elijah would be reincarnated?
- Why did the devil contend for the body of Moses (Jude 9)?
- What does it mean that God will pour out His Spirit on all flesh (Joel 2:28)?
- What does it mean, "the Sabbath was made for man" (Mark 2:27)?
- What is the leaven of the pharisees, and is Jesus being judgmental (Luke 12:1)?
- Why do Old Testament sins seem minimized in the New Testament?
- What does it mean, "the first shall be last, and the last shall be first" (Matthew 20:16)?
- Law or grace? Are the 10 commandments found in the New Testament?
- Who were the sons of God (Genesis 6:2)?
- Did Jesus refer to the Canaanite woman as a dog (Matthew 15:21-18)?
- Should elders pray for and anoint the sick (James 5:14-16)?
- Mansions or rooms in heaven (John 14:2)?
- Why did Moses use a bronze serpent?
- Why do we need a tree for healing in heaven (Revelation 22:2)?
- On the cross, why did Jesus say "Father, why have you forsaken me?"
- Why did the sky go black when Jesus died?
- Was Jesus in the tomb for 3 days?
- What happened to those who rose from death with Jesus (Matthew 27:53)?
- Does Matthew 22:36-40 mean that just the two commandments mentioned are important?
- What does it mean to worship God "in spirit and in truth" (John 4:24)?
- Can you explain the parable of the rich man and Lazarus (Luke 16:19-31)?
- Did King Saul really speak to the dead prophet Samuel through a medium? (1 Samuel 28)
- Please explain Colossians 2:16-17.